When I pulled into the driveway after my LAB2V and CABDR ride, I noticed a leak near the counter shaft sprocket. Naturally I figured it was the counter shaft seal. Easy enough, so I ordered a new one. Then I actually got the bike cleaned and stripped down and found out it wasn’t coming from the counter shaft but the gear position sensor.
Looking at the Parts Fiche I found it, but it was back ordered. It was pretty cheap too! Item #32.
Well, the part finally came and so I tossed the bike on it’s side in the driveway and pulled off the Hammerhead shifter.
I next removed the 2 allen bolts and pulled the sensor out.
The O-Ring sits on the sensor itself.
It didn’t look bad, but you could feel that it was harder compared to the new one.
I cleaned everything up and put it all back together. Easy fix!
I was also waiting for this to change the oil. I had only 2,400 miles since the last change but those were HARD miles.
For this oil change, it was full o-rings and screens for the oil change. I don’t do that often but it’s a good thing to do the whole kit every now and then.
Current Mileage: 16,745
- Adding a Garmin Zumo XT - March 7, 2023
- Update #2 on my Mosko Moto Reckless 80 - February 26, 2023
- Replacing / Upgrading My Side Stand Foot - February 26, 2023