Mods are happening faster than I can document them these days so I’ll be brief
Manual says capacity of 1.27 qts or 1.2 L.
I went to Cycle Gear looking for water wetter to add to my 50/50 mix of coolant and came back instead with this:
I had a perfectly good jug of antifreeze sitting on the bench ready to go. After I explained what I was doing and where I was going the guy I talked to at CG suggested this one.
Moab has an overnight low of 48 right now. I don’t need an “antifreeze”, I need a better coolant. Hence the search for water wetter.
Here’s the back. I’ll take that 10 degree difference.
Back home I removed the side covers on both sides, removed the skid plate, removed the radiator top cap.
Next I pulled the drain plug on the engine block. It’s right above the oil drain plug.
Once the current fluid drained, I kept the plug open and the pan beneath and took a hose to to the top fill.
Not a lot of pressure but a good stream until I started seeing clear stream coming from the engine.
Happy with the flush, I plugged the engine back up, filled the radiator with the new fluid and then ran the engine on idle until the thermostat opened. I checked for leaks – found none. bled the top of the radiator with this plug, making sure there was no air trapped, and bolted everything back up.
Next I ran the bike around the block checking for leaks.
Next up I need to install a charging port and my racks should be back from being welded.